I got this bug from Carmel... after seeing her beautiful jewellery, she mentioned a book on her blog, and my local library (Fremantle) just happened to have it on the shelves! So I borrowed it and I had to try (having had a quick but informative demo from Carmel) and I did.
This is the wire work
and inspired by what Carmel had done but not having the same little gizmos, I finished mine with a Krafty Lady mould (of course)... I rolled a ball, pushed the wire in it, and pressed it into the mould. I'm very happy with the design.
Well, that was fun, I then had to try with three wires, and wider! Well, nice, but sheesh, mistakes show up quite a bit, and it's not as easy to undo as knitting!!
Anyway, it's been fun, still I have no idea how to finish the copper one... and I'm sure the "mistakes" won't show as much when it's a piece of jewellery!
You can see Carmel's wire creations here and here.