Monday, April 06, 2009

Overzealous?

Well, doesn't pay of to try and be overzealous!
On Friday I thought I was being a good employee, turning off the lights and the various power outlets in the kitchen at work. "Leave the coffee machine on" said someone, as another someone likes the machine to be ready anytime, fine, turn the kettle off, etc....
Little did I know... when I came in this Monday morning, I put my lunch in the fridge, and the light was off... I had inadvertently turned off the power outlet for the FRIDGE!!! My boss had some fish (he fishes) in the freezer.... it was MELTED, and didn't smell very nice!
Not a good way to start the week, and definitely not a way to earn brownie points with the boss! *sigh* and that fish is SO nice (I do know!).
Luckily it was only two pieces, but it was two BIG pieces...
You try to do the right thing and you mess up! I hate days like that! :)

Oh, here's one of my pet peeves:
Pet Peeve

3 comments:

Julie H said...

Oh France, I do understand about the good deed, but I am commenting because your/you're sends me MAD! I constantly correct at school, ring tv stations, etc etc. Glad I am not the only one.

Heather T. said...

Oh, bummer about the office. I too am a your/you're grammar nazi...

Pearl Maple said...

Oh France, some days are like that, you set out to do the right thing but it does not quiet work out the way you planned.

And yes I know North Turo well, we worked at the Youth Hostel there for a few summers.